Monday, September 20, 2010

I'm back on track... for the moment anyway.

Stats
Starting weight:159.2kg
Current Weight:143.9kg
A loss of:-15.3kg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I seem to have made my way out of the little unhealthy eating rut I had gotten myself into. At last weigh in at the Doctors I had managed to lose another 2.5kg and then at my gym assessment today I found out that I’ve lost a mighty 8.3kgs since my last assessment 6 weeks ago and several centimetres off my arms, legs, waist, chest, and hips! Needless to say I’m feeling rather pleased with myself at the moment.

I guess that shows the benefits of eating a lot less than I normally would (and hopefully healthier), and the benefits of restricting my visits to the McDonald's drive thru. The downside is that in the process of becoming used to eating these smaller amounts, there is a constant, niggling feeling of hunger. It has been slowly becoming less of uncomfortable feeling over the last fortnight, but is certainly a rather annoying sensation to put up with.

It's currently term break here, so I have 2 weeks of holidays. I was feeling a tad apprehensive about the holidays in regards to my recent weight loss plateau, and the fact that it will be my 21st birthday in 10 days (here I come birthday cake!) but since things are heading in the right direction again, I’m feeling a little bit more optimistic. In fact, assuming that the doctors scales are displaying the same result as mine and those at the gym (which I doubt), I’ve lost nearly 4kgs in the past week! Though I will say that I won’t be displaying those numbers hear as I’m only going to believe those numbers which appear on the doctors scales.

I am impatiently awaiting my weigh at the Doctor’s next week just to see how truthful those gym scales actually are. Wish me luck people. I’m looking forward to telling you the results of my next weigh in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fantastic! 4 kg in a week? Damn, girl... Send some of that mojo over here, would you? ;)

Jenny Atkins said...

I think the scales were getting ahead of themselves. The overly honest scales at the doctors did not produce the same fantastic results as those at the gym!