Saturday, March 10, 2012

Still Struggling

Stats
Starting weight:159.2kg
Current Weight:134.2kg

A total loss of: -25kg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm back (I hope) and still struggling. A lot has happened in the last year, most of it good with little bits of bad thrown in. But somehow, perhaps because of everything going so well, I lost my way. I started eating the wrong foods again. For some reason I wasn't able to recognise that now I was smaller I wasn't able to eat certain foods and not gain anything. So gain I did. But I'm back now and I'm hoping to undo the damage I did in the last 12 months.

I believe that I recognise where my weight problems lie, the direct cause of them and what I need to do to reverse my weight gain. I'm just having trouble doing it. I have to learn self-control again, I have to say 'No' to what are simply food wants. Exercise is all well and good, but for anyone who knows me even they would have to say is food is where my issues arise.

Now to end with a pet hate: The people who constantly say 'Stop making excuses'. They don't understand that the things they label excuses (in my case anyway) are in fact legitimate psychological hurdles. I can't just 'stop making excuses'. These hurdles do need to be overcome I know. But it won't happen in an instant. I need to work at them, build up my resolve. I need to train my mind. With practice I know I can jump those hurdles.

No comments: