Sunday, July 4, 2010

Hello Everybody!

Stats:Starting weight:159kg
Current Weight:150kg (roughly)
A loss of:-9kg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well this is obviously my first post so first of all I would like to say 'Hi' to whoever is actually reading this.

I first stumbled across the world of fit blogging (if that is the correct term) after reading the wonderful book 'The Amazing Adventures of Diet Girl' by fellow Aussie, Shauna Reid. So I thought I'd give it a go.

I have struggled with my weight since I was 13 when my doctor told me that if I wasn't careful I would develop a weight problem and within 6 months my mother had packed my 13 year old self of to Weight Watchers. Needless to say it didn't really work for me, probably because of the fact that at the time there really wasn't much wrong with my weight.

Seven years later, numererous visits to dietitions, many blocks of chocolate, several incidents of my 17 year old self (who by this time really did have a weight problem) being teased children 6 years younger than myself, depression, OCD tendancies and anxiety issues (of which could have either been caused by my weight or contributed to it), I believe that I have finally developed the right mindset so as to actually have the ability to achieve something.

About 3 months ago, and after a failed weight loss attempt at a ladies only gym (how on earth can anyone my size lose weight in three 30 minute sessions per week? Really!), I finally worked up the guts to go and see my current doctor. We worked out a basic system for us to work with; I would go and see her for a weigh in every two weeks and I would also keep a food journal of which she would read over and try and point me in the right direction.

As I had already started a journal, her first piece of advice was to drink only water, drink only the soft-drinks with the word 'diet' in them and no flavoured full fat milk or any fruit juice (major vices of mine). This actually worked! In my first month, with only incidental exercise, I lost about 4kgs. After this month I joined a 'real' gym which provided me with my very own exercise plan!

Since then my weight has steadily dropped (with the exeption of one 'bad' fortnight) by 1kg every week.

At the moment my doctor is away so it will be a month between weigh-in's (only two weeks 'till then) and I would really love to hit the 145kg mark by then as this will mean that I have lost all of the weight that I have gained over the past two years

I hope this will be the first of many posts and thanks for reading!

No comments: